Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy Life and Good days



1 Peter 3:8-12 NLT version

 
All Christians~

Finally, all of you should be of one mind, full of sympathy toward each other, loving one another with tender hearts and humble minds.  Don't repay evil for evil.  Don't retaliate when people say unkind things about you.  Instead, pay them back with blessing.  That is what God wants you to do, and he will bless you for it. 

For Scriptures say...  

"If you want a happy life and good days, 
keep your tongue from speaking evil, 
and keep your lips from telling lies.  
Turn away from evil and do good.  
Work hard at living in peace with others.
The eyes of the Lord watch over those who do right,
and his ears are open to their prayers.
But the Lord turns his face against those who do evil."



My opinion ~  After reading this wonderful passage, I stopped to ponder how I live my day to day.  Do I speak evil?  Evil as in...using bad words, telling lies, back handed compliments?  I don't want to say that I do...but, I have from time to time.  Getting upset with the slow driver ahead of me.  Gossip!  This world is so full of evil thoughts and evil words.

I want to have a Happy Life.  I want to have Good Days.
When I feel myself getting upset with someone,  
I try to stop and say a prayer for them. 
I have to say, it really works.  Compassion and love come over me. 
We need to look for ways to change our "hate" habits.

Lord, help me to have a tender heart and a humble mind. To be full of sympathy and love for all.  May to help me to not speak evil...but speak with love and compassion.
In Jesus name I pray....Amen.


Any thoughts?  Please share them.




No comments: